Translate

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Musings of a thankful spirit...

I think it's important to do as the bible instructs us and give thanks. As a brief departure from the norm here, i want to take a minute to thank two of the most amazing people I have ever been blessed to know, Lincoln and Tamara F.

Recently I needed to get away. Just close the book on this Brooklyn life for a minute to catch my breath and get right with God. So I decided to reach out to my loving "uncle" to see if he could accommodate my need for respite, and he and his wife so lovingly did.

Words truly fall short. Saying thank you sounds like a pat response for all they did for me. There is no doubt in my mind that the hand of God rested upon me during my stay there and that He will bless them for the sacrifices they made to remind me of His love. They prayed with me, fed me, gave me beach(lol), a spa day...I could go on and on, but at the end of the day they loved on me like no one else could.

To Tamara, my newest girlfriend, I love you to pieces. Thank you for making my trip memorable. I will hold our discussions dear to my heart and thanks for showing me a true example of a wife. It will make me a better one.

Uncle Lincoln, what can I say? As you know, you are comparable to none. Always my cheerleader and supporter, I thank God for you and pray continued blessings on your life and family.

The Lord blesses. He gives what you need, when you need it and He knows exactly how you need it. Thanks be to the Lord for every good and perfect gift.

*blowing kisses to my Father*

No comments:

Post a Comment