Translate

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Slow down, check your rear view, put on your indicator...

Sometimes I just need to put the car of life in park…just pull over and switch the gear. Just let the world swirl around me-because chances are, it’s not stopping…pause all the phone calls, pressure, demands on my time for just a second. The anxiety, the fear, the worry, the doubt…those are not from my Father. I need to take a second to step away and be still (and be reminded that He is God). I need to take hold of what He has given me. His peace, His guidance and direction. His discernment, boldness, patience and Truth. They are gifts that left unopened leave me vulnerable to the world’s madness-and muddy my perspective. I choose to take hold of each of these gifts today.

Putting on my indicator >>>>>>

Peace I leave with you; My [own] peace I now give and bequeath to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid. [Stop allowing yourselves to be agitated and disturbed; and do not permit yourselves to be fearful and intimidated and cowardly and unsettled.]

John 14:27(AMP)

No comments:

Post a Comment